BE PREPARED FOR WINTER
- Protect your pipes from freezing. Allow water to drip from faucets when temperatures dip below freezing. Wrap the outdoor faucets with an insulated faucet cover or towel.
- If leaving your structure for more than a few days, consider turning off the water supply. Have a designated person checking in on your structure. Keep your home or business at a moderate temperature.
- Leave cabinet doors open to allow warm air to circulate around pipes observing the status daily.
- Clear gutters of all debris, leaves and other objects that can lead to blockages causing roof damage and interior water leakage/damage.
- Keep walkways and nearby storm drains clear of debris to alleviate flood hazard potentials.
Whether it is heavy winds, rain, freezing temperatures, sleet or snow, all these factors can cause costly damage. While we cannot control the weather, here at SERVPRO of Kingsport/Bristol, are here to help you take a preventative approach and help take the sting out of winter weather.