If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (423) 245-5552

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Safety First For Mold Remediation in Bristol

10/13/2015 (Permalink)

Water Damage Leads to Mold

Let SERVPRO Safely Remove Mold from Your Bristol Home

When a natural disaster strikes your residential home in Bristol, the result is often water damage. Once your home is inundated with water, you can find yourself dealing with a mold infestation. Often, homeowners will attempt to eliminate the mold bloom themselves. There are numerous reasons why this course of action will almost always prove ineffective and even possibly dangerous. Learn more about mold infestations and why they require professional remediation by reviewing the following article.

Mold Basics

Molds are fungi that are endemic in nature. These fungi appear in various colors, including orange, blue, dark green, and black. Mold also comes in various levels of toxicity due to the production of mycotoxins. Examples are toxigenic molds like Stachybotrys chartarum and pathogenic molds than cause many allergies. Prolonged or habitual exposure to mycotoxins can result, in the extreme, death.

Why You Need Professional Mold Removal Services

As mentioned earlier, homeowners seek to remove mold from their home without professional assistance. Don't make this mistake. Property owners are generally not able to determine how hazardous the mold removal process will be. There are many reasons why this work must be left to the professionals. For example, the general public is typically not able to distinguish between toxigenic and pathogenic molds. Additionally, most people do not have access to the specialized equipment and protective gear like HEPA filters, goggles, Hazmat protective clothing and more.

Another reason that you should avoid completing the mold removal process on your own results from the fact that mold spores can cause serious health challenges. Some of these health problems include:

• Respiratory complications
• Vision and eye problems
• Circulatory issues
• Skin conditions
• Discomfort
• Fatigue

It's also important to note that ongoing exposure to mold can cause neurological and mental symptoms. Some of them include:

• Confusion
• Shortened attention span
• Brain fog
• Disorientation
• Slowed reflexes
• Impaired learning ability
• Dizziness
• Shock
• Shaking

To avoid the onset of these symptoms, you should stay away from the mold and have it removed by professionals. These trained technicians from SERVPRO will seal off the areas affected by mold--containment--and even employ negative air pressure chambers to prevent cross-contamination. We will utilize disinfectants to sanitize and then fogging machines to deodorize your home in Bristol.

Let SERVPRO Help You

When your property in Bristol is infested with mold, it's time to take action. The team to call for fast and effective mold remediation services is SERVPRO. Our IICRC-certified technicians are highly skilled in recognizing and responding to your unique mold issues with expedience and efficacy. We're ready to restore your property to its previously safe state.

Locally Owned, with National Resources

We are proud to be an active member of Bristol. SERVPRO of Kingsport/Bristol is locally owned and operated. Call us. (423) 245-5552

Other News

View Recent Posts